Join other podcast enthusiasts from Northern Europe on this three-day podcast course (held in English) with two of the best podcast trainers in Denmark, Dorte Palle og Tor Arnbjørn, who will take you through all the steps of creating your own popular podcast.
Why you need to take the course
The demand for well-produced podcast content is growing bigger across the media and communicating industry. This course is tailored for professionals within communication, journalism, marketing og media production who want to get into the world of podcast production or develop their skills as a podcast producer.
The course takes place in Struer where you will spend three intense, inspiring days with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities in Soundhub Denmark - a hub for international sound professionals, innovators and experts.
You will move from idea to a strong concept and leave with a production plan and lots of hands-on tools for recording, interviewing, hosting, editing and distributing. After the course you are ready to start producing your own popular podcast.
Podcast experience is not required for this course, but we expect you to have a basic user knowledge about podcasts and some experience with communication or storytelling from other channels and platforms.
You will learn the basic aspects of recording and editing sound, but the course is mainly focused on concepts and storytelling. You will pitch your own podcast idea on the first day and develop it into a strong podcast concept and production plan through the rest of the course.
- Get updated on the newest podcast trends - both commercial and journalistic podcast
- Pick and choose between different podcast formats
- Know which format will suit your audience and content
- Turn a small idea into a strong podcast concept
- Write a podcast script that will catch and hold the attention of the listener
- Choose the right equipment
- Plan and organise recordings
- Interview techniques
- Get good material when recording
- Write an editing script
- Basic editing in Hindenburg
- Train your vocal delivery
- Distribute your podcast on the right platforms
Who is it for:
The course is targeted at professionals from all the Nordic countries and Germany and is held in English. It is relevant if you need tools to move from idea to a strong podcast concept which is realistic to produce. Participants might be:
- Journalists on news media companies who wants to go into podcast publishing
- Employees in communication- or marketing departments who wants to produce podcast content for the target groups
- Content creators who wants to expand their repertoire with professional podcasts
- Communication specialists in public organisations, unions, or NGOs with stories that are well suited for podcasts
- Freelancers who wants to produce their own podcasts
- Teachers and researchers who wants to turn teaching material or research into podcast learning
The course is three days and takes place in Struer in Western Jutland. Accommodation and meals for three nights are included in the course price.
You will arrive at the hotel in Struer on the night before the first course day. Expect two long, intense, inspiring course days to follow.
On day three we will wrap up after lunch time.
Equipment for recording and editing will be provided as part of the course. We use Tascam DR05 recording kit and Hindenburg for editing. You will learn the basics so you are ready to produce on your own.
The course takes place in Struer at Soundhub Denmark. Food and accommodation is included in the price.