International Coordinator, Incoming students (Aarhus)
Focus on the language of photojournalism combined with the journalistic disciplines like writing and adding sound to pictures.
- Learn to use the visual language of photojournalism to tell stories that have an impact on the readers.
- Be able to combine sound and video with still images, making the media support each other.
- Edit and layout your picture stories in a professional way.
- Ability to make advanced portraits showing more than the face of a person.
- Increase your understanding of the problems and possibilities facing the Scandinavian welfare model in modern Europe by living and working in Denmark.
- Grow as a prospective photojournalist by working and studying in an atmosphere that combines practical teaching with academic studies.
- Create life-long professional and personal bonds by being part of an international group of students from all over the world.
Duration: 1 semester
Study mode and credits: Full-time, 30 ECTS
Course Start: Mid August and end of January
Location: Campus Aarhus
Deadlines for application: April 1 and October 1.
To apply for the course Photojournalism 1: The Language of Photojournalism you must have:
- Students must have at least one year of training and/or experience in journalism/photojournalism, and must present a portfolio with photojournalism products. It is an advanced undergraduate program, and we also have graduate level students participating in the programme.
- Participants must have a good command of the English language, both written and oral. All courses are taught in English.
- Non-native English speakers should include a copy of their TOEFL test results (minimum score 550 or computer based 83)/ IELTS test of 6.5 / a minimum B2 OLS or have the test results sent to our address).
The tuition fee is 4993 € for this programme.
If you apply as an exchange student from one of our exchange partner universities, you do not have to pay tuition fee for the program. If you do not apply as an exchange student, you will have to pay tuition.