TV and Media Production
Take your TV and Media Production skills further with this semester of intense creative training.
- Duration: 1 semester
- Study mode: Full-time
- Credits: 30 ECTS
- Location: Campus Copenhagen
- Programme start: Mid August
- Level: Advanced undergraduate
Application deadline: April 1
- Empower yourself as a TV and Media director in a learning-by-doing environment with real assignments for real companies.
- Tell better stories through insights in structure and dramaturgy.
- Make satisfied customers; understand your clients and produce PR-productions that are aligned with their brand and strategies.
- Take you camera and sound skills to another level through intense practical training.
- Become a part of an intense study environment with Danish and international students
Course 1: Elective subject: Visual Storytelling (5 ECTS)
The course on Visual Storytelling focus on storytelling grammar and audio-visual production techniques. There will both be the possibility of getting introduction to camera and editing software, or obtaining skills on a more advanced level.
We will work with factual stories only.
Course 2: Feature journalism (5 ECTS)
You will produce journalistic feature stories on at least two platforms: video plus audio or writing. Your knowledge of structure and dramaturgy, and your technical skills concerning camera and sound work will be taken to an advanced level.
The course will touch on the following disciplines:
- Issue based background research
- Choice of case stories and casting of characters on the basis of background research
- Structure and dramaturgy of the video-feature
- Sound and camera-work for the video-feature
- Creation of the sound features for radio
- Presentation of facts and information in the written feature.
Course 3: Concept Development (5 ECTS)
While the Danish students are following the prep course for the internship, the international exchange students will follow the Concept Development course.
In the course the students will learn how to develop a concept for either television or web.
The students will be introduced to the frame of concept description (platform, target group, TV-genres and storytelling elements), pitching the concept and producing a short visual piece to illustrate the concept idea.
As a part of the final pitch the students will be obliged to be involved in the feedback of the other students by using feedback rules introduced during the course.
Course 4: PR and Customer assignments (10 ECTS)
Develop and solve communication projects for companies and organizations based on an understanding of the company’s or organization’s overall communication strategy and values.
Learn to analyze and assess companies and organizations' communication products, market segments, target groups, identity and goals, in order to address it in your communication assignment.
You will also take on a practical task, which will entail working in close cooperation with external clients. You will produce a video/TV production; either as completed feature/program or as a partially completed dummy accompanied by a description of the concept/format for the overall solution.
The clients will subsequently provide feedback and critique the product and process.
Term examination (5 ECTS)
The term examination will consist of a written academic essay based on courses and literature from the semester.
Extern censoring will examine the material delivered by the student.
Learning-by-doing in is central in this course. You will get to use journalistic and communicative methods and theory in a practical production environment.
Teamwork is a central part of the study method. In the majority of the semester you get to work with fellow students in different group settings.
Class size is from 15-40 students depending on the course.
Classes are mixed with Danish and international students. You will work in groups or individually depending on the assignment.
Requirements and tuition
To apply for the programme in TV and Media Production you must:
- have completed at least 1 year's tuition in media production at BA level.
- have knowledge of the basic elements of TV production and journalistic methods.
- be familiar with technology such as computers and cameras.
- have a good command of Final Cut pro.
You do NOT have to pay tuition fee if you are:
- studying at one of our partner institutions
The tuition fee is 4500 € for this course