Please note there is a mandatory portfolio review to gain access to this programme and a limited numbers of places. It is very competitive to get into the programme, so make sure you have the required qualifications to this programme before applying.
- Duration: 1 semester
- Study mode: Full-time
- Credits: 30 ECTS
- Level: Advanced undergraduate 5th semester
- Location: Campus Copenhagen
- Programme start: End of January
Deadlines for application: October 1.
- Work with tools for strategic and creative thinking by studying the current branding landscape.
- Master a various number of creative communication disciplines, such as developing brand campaigns for presentation, promoting a brand consistently across several media platforms, etc.
- Learn to evaluate, develop, and refine strategies and ideas by implementing effective analysis and research and prepare creative strategies and ideas for brands
- Strengthen your future career by becoming part of a lifelong professional and personal network of students from all over the world.
Course 1: Brand Creation
In Brand Creation, students learn about branding and how it relates to advertising and consumers. Students create their own brand, developing all brand elements from a name, logo and packaging to a complete visual and verbal brand identity that can be used across all media platforms, both digital and off-line (branded content, in-store promotion, merchandise etc.). Students develop new forms of interaction between consumer and brand and finally present their new brand to a target audience.
Course 2: Integrated Campaigns
In the second course, Integrated Campaigns, students work on implementing branding and advertising thinking across various media in integrated campaigns. They develop communication grounded in a brand's DNA and implement strategic and creative media choices to tell original and authentic brand stories.
Course 3: Communications Theory and 2nd year examination project
Students will learn the nuances of communicating across various media platforms. Students will be trained to analyze an issue and make strategic choices in relation to market, positioning, message, target group, and sender, and they will also learn to argue for their choices and communications solution. The result is translated into a creative, communications assignment.
- Develop your teamwork skills and intercultural understanding by working in groups for exercises and assignments.
- Convert your practical, analytical and theoretical communication skills by developing brand-advertising campaigns.
- The course is a combination of lectures, case studies, group teaching, self-study, group work, and exercises and assignments.
- Work with different concepts across several media platforms through strategic and creative choice of media
To apply for the programme in Creative Communication you must have:
- at least 1,5 years on a BA advertising program
- a good command of the English language, both written and oral
- a portfolio
- students must master the Adobe Creative Suite
- a good command of software like InDesign, Illustrator, PremierePro, and Final Cut
You do NOT have to pay tuition fee if you are an exchange student from one of our student exchange partners.
The tuition fee for non-exchange students is 5200 €.