Duration: 1 semester
Study mode and credits: Full-time, 30 ECTS
Course Start: Mid August and end of January
Location: Campus Aarhus
Deadlines for application: April 1 and October 1.
This semester offers you a chance to combine photojournalistic training with intensive studies. The programme focuses on the language of photojournalism combined with the journalistic disciplines like writing and adding sound to pictures.
As a result of this semester you can achieve the following:
- Learn to use the visual language of photojournalism to tell stories that have an impact on the readers.
- Be able to combine sound and video with still images, making the media support each other.
- Edit and layout your picture stories in a professional way.
- Ability to make advanced portraits showing more than the face of a person.
- Increase your understanding of the problems and possibilities facing the Scandinavian welfare model in modern Europe by living and working in Denmark.
- Grow as a prospective photojournalist by working and studying in an atmosphere that combines practical teaching with academic studies.
- Create life-long professional and personal bonds by being part of an international group of students from all over the world.
Introduction and photojournalism in general: 10 ECTS
Magazine project: 6 ECTS
Online: 6 ECTS
Reportage project: 8 ECTS
TOTAL for one semester full course load: 30 ECTS
Advanced undergraduate. Students must have at least one year of training and/or experience in journalism/photojournalism, and must present a portfolio with photojournalism products.
We offer 10 places for international students, mainly from partner institutions of the Danish School of Media and Journalism and young professionals.