A semester where you learn digital design skills, motion graphic design and interactive communication design and combine them with research, strategy and concept development in visual communication.
- Duration: 1 semester
- Study mode: Full-time
- Credits: 30 ECTS
- Location: Campus Copenhagen
- Programme Start: Mid August
- Level: Advanced undergraduate.
Application deadline: April 1
- Empower yourself as a professional digital designer. Create creative concepts and strategies on a solid foundation of research and knowledge of user behaviours.
- Design visual concepts for digital media across platforms such as television, tablets, smartphones and webpages.
- Improve your motion graphics skills in a learning-by-doing environment using the latest software and technologies to create animated storytelling.
- Become a part of an intense study environment with Danish and international students
Course 1: Research and Concept Development (5 ECTS)
Use various methods of research, including design anthropology and audience analysis, as the basis for the development of creative concepts in digital media. During the course, you will develop a digital communication campaign.
Course 2: Technology and methods in Motion Graphic Design (5 ECTS)
Get introduced to the latest motion graphic design software - and learn how you use it.
Course 3: Motion Graphic Design I (5 ECTS)
Make motion graphics for television and film concepts, campaigns and on mobile devices. You will, among other things, work with animation, storyboarding, storytelling and 3d. During the course you will develop your own motion graphics solutions.
Course 4: Technology and methods in Interactive Design (5 ECTS)
Become familiar with the methods, principles and technologies related to the design of interactive communication. During the course, you will develop interactive prototypes.
Course 5: Interactive Communication Design (5 ECTS)
Develop creative concepts and design interactive communication solutions, by the use of illustration, graphic design and interaction design. During the course you will present visual universes and their underlying technology.
Course 6: Motion Graphic Design II (5 ECTS)
Use motion graphics to communicate information, identification and moods in linear narratives. Gain knowledge of the designer's collaboration with producers, organizers, photographers, editors and programmers. During the course you will make a communication concept.
Learning-by-doing in a studio-based learning environment is central in the teaching. Presentations of theories and methods are followed by practical experiments and exercises.
Assignments are typically ‘real’ cases from companies that needs advertising and digital design, TV stations or film production companies. All assignments have relevance for your portfolio.
Class size is approx. 24 students. Classes are mixed with Danish and international students. You will work in groups or individually depending on the assignment.
You will get your own desk and a Macintosh computer with CS4 software during the time of your study. All software is supported by e-learning videos from Lynda.com
Requirements and tuition
To apply for the programme in Interactive Design you must have:
- at least 1 year on a BA design program.
- basic knowledge of visual communication and design
- a good command of the English language, both written and oral.
- a portfolio.
- a good command of CS4 software
You do NOT have to pay tuition fee if you are:
- studying at one of our partner institutions
The tuition fee is 5200 € for this programme.
We offer up to 8 places for international students, mainly from partner institutions of Danish School of Media and Journalism and about 18 places to our national students. The semester programme is offered as the INTERACT semester programme.